Thursday, November 5, 2009

20091105 - Bollywood dancing in the mall

The day started out as a Bollywood day, as we (the Rangoli Team) taped part of our team video clip before work.

For our project, we had a very interesting interview with the Managing Director of SEWA Bank on incremental housing in Ahmedabad slums and microfinance possibilities (to avoid misunderstandings: the picture is taken while we were waiting for the minterview to start).

When I arrived back in the hotel, I noticed I ran out of coke so I went to the supermarket in the mall next to our hotel. There seemed to be some big event. There was a podium and a lot of commotion, so I decided to go one floor up for a good overview and wait to see what would happen. A few body guards came in to keep the crowd away from the podium (completely unnecessary as I have never seen such a quiet crowd before...). After a little while it turned out that a few guys performed a Bollywood type of dance show. As I could not find anyone that spoke English, I still don´t know what this was all about, but I suspect it was a commercial activity for ´Close Up´ (a toothpaste brand)...

No comments:

Post a Comment